Consent to use Mobile Number and Email for Correspondence
The practice may use email and text messaging to contact you with:
- Appointment Reminders
- Appointment Letters
- Individual Invites to Medication Reviews, Vaccination Appointments etc.
- Test Results Notifications/ Advice to call the practice where action is needed.
- Friends and Family Test surveys to share your recent feedback on our service.
- Interactive messages with the ability to confirm/ cancel appointments.
We prefer that you use online services for ordering repeat prescriptions, requesting appointments and you can use AccuRx for non-urgent advice.
You can choose not to receive emails and text messages from us. If you make this decision it will be noted on your record so other members of staff know how you wish to be contacted. You can change your mind at any time by informing us.
There are benefits to using email and text messages to communicate with your health and care provider as it:
- Provides an easy, low cost way for you to contact your health and care provider.
- Saves you time waiting on the phone to get through.
- Supports people with hearing difficulties and other sensory impairments.
You should consider the following before agreeing to use emails and text messages for communications with us:
- Does anyone else have access to your phone or email and if so, would you be happy for them to see any messages you may receive?
- You are responsible for ensuring that you provide the correct email address and mobile number. Please inform us of any of changes. This will ensure you don’t miss any information and it avoids information going astray should it be sent to the wrong email or phone number.
Be careful of spam texts or emails that might come from people posing as a healthcare organisation. We will always make it clear that the email or text message is from us. If you are unable to receive email/ text messages or choose not to, then you can continue to use other communication methods e.g. phone calls.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.