PPG: Meeting Minutes 14th Jun 2022
- David Blount - Chair
- Andrew Cadbury - Co Chair
- Luke Barnes - Westbank
- Alex Cook - Westbank
- Shirley Beer
- Arthur Laxton
- Jan Caig
- Lewys Corke - Virtual
- Lisa Wilkie - Virtual
- Rhona Abbott - Virtual
- Helen Burchmore – Virtual
- Jonathan Elphick - Virtual
- Susan Thompson - Virtual
- Liz Edwards - Virtual
- Amanda Jones - Virtual
- Claire Batty - Virtual
- Nina Parnell - WHLC
- Claire Conway-Wright - Westbank
- Liz Williams
David welcomed everyone present.
From Faith Wood, Mary Ann Coate has had to resign for health reasons
Minutes of last meeting
These were approved.
We need publicity about the Group, to encourage new members. David will liaise with Alex and Claire regarding publicity for the group in the Practice Newsletter. We need to consider recruitment publicity for inclusion in the village Newsletters. Target September Newsletters. Links with the Newsletters are Exminster-Arthur, Kenton-David and Starcross-Andrew.
News from the Practice
- We have two new Practice Administrators (formerly Receptionists) join the team: Lorraine & Emma.
- We also have a new FCP (First Contact Practitioner) called Sam who works alternate Tuesdays in Starcross.
- A reminder that it was Dr Bel Stanley’s last day on the 16th of June.
- We have now recruited a new Practice Nurse called Laura starting with us on Monday 27th June.
- There have been a lot of absences over those past few weeks that have caused a lot of pressure on all the teams.
- eConsult has now gone and been replaced with accuRx, which is quicker and easier for patients to use.
A Best Practice Guide
Health Watch publication, for PPG’s; Luke to arrange for an electronic version to be available on line, for all members to view. We need to plan for short term and long-term goals for the group.
Doctors could identify patients who might be interested in joining the committee.
A question in the ‘New Patients Questionnaire’, to find out if they would be interested in joining the PPG.
We need to explore what the Practice expects from the group.
For example from the past, a Diabetic Group and the Bereavement Café at Westbank HLC were formed.
Our remit is to focus on listening to understand Patients complaints, to ensure they understand the system, as they will need to talk direct to the Practice. Continue our membership of National Association of Patient Participation organisation [NAPP].
Discuss the PPG Constitution
We addressed the position of Virtual members, to get them involved more in their contribution to the group. David to write to Virtual Members to confirm if they wish to continue membership and receive copies of the Minutes. Committee to review the Constitution, without involving Practice staff members. For discussion at the July Meeting.
Parish Council & Local Building updates
There was nothing to report from any of the villages.
News from Westbank HLC
No one available to give a report.
Helen Burchmore hopes to be able to attend meetings in the future.
Next Meeting Date
- Tuesday July 12th 2022 2.00pm
- Westbank HL&LC
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.