Newsletter December 2022
Christmas & New Year Opening Hours
Please ensure you order your medication in plenty of time, so you have enough medication over the festive period.
If you require medical attention during the times we are closed, please telephone 111.
- Monday 26th and Tuesday 27th December 2022 - CLOSED
- Wednesday 28th and Friday 30th December 2022 - Open between 8.30am to 6.00pm
- Monday 2nd January 2023 - CLOSED
- Tuesday 3rd January 2023 onwards - Open as usual 8.30am to 6.00pm
Help us help you
Healthcare has changed since its inception in 1948. GP Surgeries now have a whole team of professionals who can help you with your health needs.
Our experienced team of practice administrators will help arrange a consultation for you with the appropriate clinician.
- Pharmacist for your fungal infection
- Paramedic for your acute cough
- Physiotherapist for your shoulder pain
- Nurse for your diabetes management
They may advise a phone call or to book an appointment with the Doctor.
Our team will always help by directing you to the professional who is best qualified to address your health concern.
If you have more than one issue that you wish to discuss with a GP, please request to make a double routine appointment.
When booking online, please also ensure that you check what site your appointment is at.
GP Community Pharmacist Service
The NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS) helps to facilitate patients having a same-day appointment with their community pharmacist for minor illness, improving access to services and providing more convenient treatment closer to patients’ homes.
The service is helping to alleviate pressure on GP appointments and emergency departments, in addition to harnessing the skills and medicines knowledge of pharmacists. By working together, GP surgeries and local pharmacies can ensure that patients are receiving the most appropriate care by a suitable healthcare professional at the right time.
Our Practice Survey was created to help us understand whether patients are happy with the service provided, or where improvements are needed. It’s a quick and anonymous way to give your views after receiving care from us.
If you have recently been in contact with us, please fill out our practice survey.
If you cannot access the internet, there are paper forms in both of our waiting rooms.
How to keep warm this winter
- Heat your home to at least 18 degrees if you can. You might prefer your main living room to be a bit warmer than this.
- Keep your bedroom window closed on cold nights so you do not breathe cold air.
- Move around indoors and try not to sit still for more than 1 hour.
- Wear lots of layers of thin clothes.
HANDi Paediatric App
Parents and carers can download a free locally developed app to help them manage some of the common childhood illnesses, with advice from child health professionals.
The app has been developed to cover conditions such as diarrhoea and vomiting, asthma, croup, high temperature, abdominal pain, and common new-born problems.
The app is available to download on all apple and android devices.
It’s not too late – get yours now!
Flu can be life threatening, particularly those with certain health conditions. Flu isn’t just a heavy cold!
Please contact us to get protected this Winter!
The Westbank Practice operates a zero-tolerance policy regarding violence and abuse and asks all patients to treat our staff and other patient’s with respect.
Our zero-tolerance policy includes aggression or threats made in person, over the telephone or in written communication.
- The practice considers threatening behaviour to be: The use of aggressive, threatening or abusive language (including raising of the voice, swearing and shouting) which threatens or intimidates.
- Attempted or actual, aggressive threatening physical actions.
Our staff have worked, and are continuing to work extremely hard in these circumstances and we ask that you please bear with us, we are all here to help!
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year from all of our staff at Westbank Practice!
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.